Wednesday, June 10, 2009

back to broken


sad news for the 2 people out there who read my blog. i took my new camera to nag's head with me last month in order to document good friends, good drinks, good food and good times and the damn thing busted on me.

yep, "lens error" is all i'm getting.

what is it with me and cameras at the beach? camera I died in delaware in october and camera II dies in north carolina in may.

DAMN!!

i didn't mistreat it. i was careful to keep it packed up in my lil' bag while i was actually on the beach to avoid sand infiltration. still, it breaks and once again this blog is image-less and without photos it just isn't the same.

i'm not as excited to tell you about the cream puffs that are cooling on wire racks on my kitchen counter cuz i can't show them to you. it's not as sweet to talk about the different cupcakes and butter cream icings kp and i have tried out in the last week cuz i can't show them to you! (fyi - kp and i got booked to bake someone's wedding cake. how sweet is that? kick ass!)

and the pan seared lamb chop, baked sweet potato and corn on the cob i had for dinner? barely worth mentioning since you can't see it! (although, i guess you're not missing much. i'll admit that the chop was a smidge overcooked).

in any case, i am camera-less once again. and i don't think one is gonna drop outta the sky like last time (thanks aunt deb - sorry i broke your gift) so until i learn how to upload photos from my crappy camera phone or until my wealthy benefactor finally shows up i guess i'm on a bit of a hiatus.

i am erratic after all.

4 comments:

C said...

:(

I hope a pile of money finds its way to you soon so that you may purchase a new one.

B. Kramer said...

Man, what a bummer. Any chance of repair? Maybe take it to Dodds? just a thought.

Small, but Scrappy said...

This is completely unrelated to your post, but I didn't realize you were blogging! Whoohoo! New distraction!

kristen stewart said...

i didn't know you had a blog liz! this freakin' rocks... now i don't have to do shit @ work the next hour and can sift thru the pages of your yummy food adventures!!!